Responsible for the daily activities of the dump trucks and drivers. This includes bidding projects, dispatching and tracking drivers’ hours for payroll, and ensuring customers needs are met daily. This job will require you to take customer orders past normal business hours while not in the office.
We are looking for someone who is ambitious and wants to make the most of an opportunity.
In this role, the right candidate will:
- Take calls from customers and dispatch drivers daily
- Look for upcoming work and bid projects
- Compile payroll for submission to the payroll department
- Interact with our in-house mechanics to determine the availability of trucks in the fleet
- Review job costs through the accounting system.
- Resolve discrepancies that arise between customers and vendors related to rates or quantities.
- Maintain relationships with customers through professional correspondence and professionalism.
- Improves business processes by collaborating with clients, colleagues, and other cross-functional teams.
- Dispatch trucks. Work may occasionally include dispatching for a night or weekend shift. Night or weekend dispatching (when needed) could be done outside the office via cell phone.
- Must be ambitious and ready to take on new challenges
- Ability to work independently and make decisions
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial reports as it relates to matching costs with revenues.
- Maintain relationships with managers and other employees to ensure a collaborative and team building environment.
- Strong analytical skills required. Proven ability to think both strategically and tactically.
- Organizational skills with strong attention to detail required. Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritize work and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a dispatch spreadsheet and reference the same spreadsheet to invoice customers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the construction and/or trucking industry is preferred.
- Ability to think, analyze and share your findings with others.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to be self-directed to accomplish tasks.
- Must be detailed and organized
- Must be willing to take time in order to explain directions or project specifics as needed
- Able to handle stressful situations while maintaining composure
- Treat others with the same care and respect you would like to be treated with.
- Attention to Detail – Being careful about details and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Integrity – Being honest and ethical.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Analytical Thinking – Analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems. Don’t immediately ask. Try to figure out.
- Dependability – Being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Stress Tolerance – Accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situations.
- Cooperation – Being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Initiative – Ability to identify tangible contribution you alone have made to the organization.
- Leadership – A willingness to lead when essential, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Persistence – Persistence in the face of obstacles. Never give up or get discouraged.
- Independence – Work on own and make decisions.
- Complex problem solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others actions.
- Judgment and decision making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Time management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Monitoring – Monitoring / Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Preferred: Degree in Business Administration or Construction Management
- Industry experience may be considered a substitute for a degree
- 2+ years in the construction or transportation industry
- Ability to use Computer Ease accounting system preferred
- Above average skills with spreadsheets and Microsoft Office suite
Full-time position. Compensation is based on experience with a possible bonus for obtaining specific goals
Benefits / Medical:
Full-time employees are eligible for medical benefits, 401(k) retirement plan contributions, vacation time and paid holidays in line with the company policyApply now
327 Niagara Street
Buffalo, NY 14222
or email email@example.com
or visit sqrft.net