When you hear the word “professional” what do you think of? Do you conjure up an image of a roofing mechanic? I would venture to say that most people don’t. For most of us, a roofing mechanic as a professional might be a bit of a stretch. Well, I happen to know a few such companies. They don’t hire very often because the folks who work there don’t quit or fail as much. And when these companies grow, it’s with a plan to keep whomever they’ve invested in and not have to lay them off.
I shook hands with a new residential roofing client this week that I am willing to recommend as being a great place to work.
- In business since 2006, he has eight guys working and a handful of them have been there the whole time!
- You can make great money—as much as $30/hr.
- The money you make there is all legit and on the books. You get 401k, health insurance, bonus, and a steady 40-50 hours. Not 70, and not 30. Just a reasonable and predictable workweek.
- They value safety over speed. He prices jobs right. In other words, if a lift makes the job safe and enjoyable over a 44′ ladder, then he rents the lift.
- His work is 100% referred.
He’s asked me to find him a good person to add to his roofing crew. Of course, I would love to be able to refer someone with 5+ years of experience, but in our last conversation, we decided that he could just as easily hire someone totally green (no experience) and offer them on the job training!
So to be clear, I would love to have a conversation with anyone who wants to do residential roofing. If you think you want to do roofing, call me!Register now to apply for this job
327 Niagara Street
Buffalo, NY 14222
or email email@example.com
or visit sqrft.net