My plan is to hire a receptionist/secretary who aspires to someday be a staff accountant—and then promote him/her.
The best candidate:
- Will have the patience that working in numbers requires. Sure, it’s a receptionist position, but you’re going to be working for an accounting firm. The secretarial work that you end up with will undoubtedly involve peoples tax returns—patience, and numbers.
- More than anything has a detail personality. If you are to advance in an accounting company, there is zero room for mistakes.
- Would rather do the job themselves than delegate it off because you know its the only way to guarantee that it is done correctly.
- Enjoys stable and secure more than risk
- Will love systems and order. You take comfort in everything being under control.
- Likes to help others. You just do.
- May be an introvert but with that will be courageous enough to fake it till you make it.
I don’t know for certain who the right person is, however in my 20 years of running my business have noticed that certain types of people are more successful here. If you think the job is right for you but you don’t fit my list, please don’t let that stop you from applying. I’m keeping a very open mind.Register now to learn about jobs like this
327 Niagara Street
Buffalo, NY 14222
or email email@example.com
or visit sqrft.net