- Project Administrator, Jr. Project Manager, Contract Administrator. This is an opportunity for on the job training (OJT) for an eventual Project Manager Job.
About the Company
- Third generation–100 years roofing in Buffalo and Western New York
- Roofing focus: Industrial, Educational and Government buildings. Also specialty residential roofing such as Slate, Tile, and Sheet Metal
About the Job
- It pays up to $45,000 to start depending (of course) on what experience you bring to the table
- As indicated in the title, it’s less of a Project Manager job and more of an uber-Administrative Assistant. It’s really a Project Manager Apprenticeship.
- Depending on your aptitude, you might work more with the Project Manager–more out in the field, with duties more related to that of a Superintendent. Or you may find yourself working more in the office with duties more related to an Estimator/Project Manager and the actual administration of the job.
- The existing is a modest-sized office staff so you most certainly will be asked to fill in wherever help is needed.
Credentials of Applicants
- A degree
- Awesome on a computer
- Solid experience in a related job
- Glowing references
- The right person will be able to embrace change because this company is poised for growth and the ground will likely shift under your feet.
- The right person will be hungry for more, and willing to invest in themselves to get it.
- The right person will understand and have some level of experience with each of the items on the Job Duties list below
Likely Job Duties:
- Work with MS Project, Excel, and Edge estimating software.
- Review and process Submittals
- Follow up with sub bids and private bids
- Request system certification letters from manufacturers
- Secure product data sheets and work with PSA to complete submittals
- Purchase material based on lead time and market forces
- Secure permits
- Provide work order attachments (tapered drawings, fastening patterns, set of prints)
- Manage assignment and tracking of work orders with PSA
- Manage daily location sheet with PSA
- Document pre-existing damage
- Award and manage subcontracts
- Keep safety consultant current with worksite locations
- Conduct safety and quality audits
- Answer technical questions
- Manage change orders
- Attend job meetings
- Submit monthly pencil copies for payment
- Coordinate manpower requirements
- Compare labor updates to percentage completion
- Interface with customers and architects
- Manage unforeseen conditions
- Complete As-Built Drawings
327 Niagara Street
Buffalo, NY 14222
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit sqrft.net