I was invited to tour a manufacturing facility that is hiring for an Overnight Electrical Maintenance Mechanic. I was fascinated by the order, and the process, and seemingly endless moving parts all functioning in perfect synchronicity with the end goal of manufacturing and delivering this one particular kitchen product to grocery stores throughout the Northeast region of the United States.
The Maintenance Mechanic that I’ve been tasked with finding and hiring will have enough experience in this type of setting that he will likely not be nearly as mesmerized as I was 😉
- A highly competitive wage. Their broad target is $20-$30 (experience depending) plus unlimited overtime.
- A good benefit package, including a 401k
- A tool allowance
- Longevity – more than half of their current mechanics have been with them since the beginning (14ish years).
- Their roomey 60,000 sqrft warehouse space is clean, brightly lit, and always has the scent of fabric softener in the air.
This Help Wanted is for an overnight Electrical Maintenance Mechanic.
7 product lines with plans to add another by 2019. 4 lines are mechanical, 3 are automated. They are run by hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical machines that all require constant adjusting, diagnosing and repairing.
The overnight shift has 2 mechanics and runs from 8:30pm-7:00am Monday – Thursday. The plan is to add a third to the team.
- The equipment needs PM weekly.
- Several times a month a line will need to be reconfigured and set to certain specifications.
- Some nights 2 gears might malfunction, on others there could be upwards of 20 different gear, hydraulic, or sensors that could fail. Your job is to keep the line running.
The best candidate will
- Have a least a couple of years in a manufacturing setting–diagnosing and repairing hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems.
- Be familiar or better yet, proficient with PLCs.
- Prefer working as a team.
To have a conversation about this manufacturer and whether or not it is right for you please ask for Carla.
Location: Buffalo-Niagara RegionType: Full Time JobJob No. 2077-17351Status: ClosedKeyword(s): Manufacturing Trades, Maintenance Electrician, Maintenance Mechanic, MillwrightDate Printed: Oct 23, 2020Register now to learn about jobs like this
327 Niagara Street
Buffalo, NY 14222
or email email@example.com
or visit sqrft.net