Our commercial and industrial Heating & Cooling Company is hiring a CADD Designer to support our 5 Estimators in whatever way is necessary.
The job is to produce working CADD drawings of mechanical systems in a variety of buildings and to assist the estimators in doing takeoffs, calling vendors for prices, and calling customers.
We are hiring a CADD Designer but essentially this is a Jr. Estimator position.
The best Jr. Estimator will be diligent, orderly, and able to keep meticulous records. You should be organized. Vendors can be lax in returning phone calls, so it will be up to you to stay on them.
Specifically, the job would include:
- Preparing bid documents for review
- Complete and accurate blueprint take-offs
- Read and understand project specifications
- Engage vendors for current pricing
- Ensure timely project estimation
- Generate RFI’s
- Prepare and execute project change orders in a timely manner
- Coordination with Project management team
- Provide complete and accurate status updates
- Generate C.A.D. drawings for approval
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as necessary that will help maintain best workflow practices and coordination among other departments.
- The opportunity to advance to Sr. Estimator or Project Manager
- 25k – 40k annual
- Health Benefits
- 401K/Profit share programs
- Vacation time
- Personal/sick time
- Paid training/ educational opportunities
327 Niagara Street
Buffalo, NY 14222
or email email@example.com
or visit sqrft.net