We bid projects. But most of the work we are invited to take part in is because of our relationships.
The right person for this job will absolutely need to know how to put together an estimate, and then how to manage a project.
The real objective (read: result) of your job is to find and sell work, make money, and maintain thrilled clients all at the same time!
The estimator we hire will be driven to cultivate his relationships with facility managers, building owners, and construction managers. He’ll have fun with it and that will likely be the reason for his success.
Who should apply?
- A tradesman who feels he is missing his calling (and has the administrative and management skills)
- Estimators from other complementary fields: any mechanicals, or capital improvements.
- Small business owners who work too many hours trying to do it all themselves
Attached is the job post that was originally written for this job. While the keywords listed are important, the right person for this job will bring strengths that are not so easily quantified.
Register now to apply for this job
Original Job Post
Knowledge & Skills:
- Review construction drawings & specifications while planning layout & installation of electrical wiring, equipment & fixtures, based on job specifications & local codes.
- Develop & prepare cost estimates by analyzing the materials & labor to complete a project.
- Negotiate & purchase construction materials & equipment.
- Ability to read & interpret construction drawings & documents.
- Estimating experience in commercial electrical systems including distribution, power, lighting, emergency systems, telecommunications, low voltage & fire alarm systems.
- Familiarity with electrical equipment, materials, & specifications.
- Review construction drawings & specifications.
- Develop & present clear & detailed project scopes to the customer, & meeting with potential customers to present proposals.
- Prepare & monitor construction schedules for project installation progress while providing technical assistance & resolutions when electrical or engineering problems are encountered before, during & after construction.
- Ability to handle multiple, diverse projects in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to continued education in the industry
- Provide information to supervisors, coworkers & subordinates by telephone, in written form, email, or in person.
Our company is a relationship-based Electrical Contractor that strives to provide uncompromising quality electrical services to our customers. Our focus is on building long-lasting business relationships. We are committed to our community and making Buffalo a better place to live.
Electrical Background preferred, but not required. Project Management experience a plus, but not required.
327 Niagara Street
Buffalo, NY 14222
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit sqrft.net