Wanted is a Fire Sprinkler Design Technician who will be responsible for assisting Design Technicians in the accurate design and layout of water-based fire protection systems.
A typical entry level person will spend the first three months or so being mentored, however it may take two years to master the job. On a any given day you might find yourself on a jobsite either solving problems with a retrofit, or on a walk-thru with a contractor making modifications to original specifications on a new build.
Advancement on this job will take you into Alarm Systems and then eventually into Special Hazards (and of course more money).
This is an excellent opportunity for someone coming out of school as there’s lots of growth from this position. Previous candidates have gone on to be designers with more responsibility (3D, Auto Sprinkler, CAD and more design Applications) as well as Project managers
Duties and responsibilities:
- Gain an understanding of technical design requirements for fire protection systems. Knowledge of NFPA standards, building codes, fire codes and insurance requirements will be required.
- Read and interpret building construction documents such as drawings, specifications and other contract documents
- Prepare fire protection shop drawings, specifications, equipment submittals, and computer hydraulic calculations as needed for compliance with applicable fire protection codes, standards and contract documents
- Prepare equipment stock lists and fabrication lists for fabrication of fire protection piping and hangers
- Assist in the survey of existing buildings for accurate, economical installation of fire protection systems
- Hydrant water flow testing
- Coordinate activities with project manager
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The most successful candidates will:
- Have written, oral and technical communication skills
- Be great at math
- Have a propensity toward Project Management
- Have a Design Visualization Degree and lots of great experience from school.
- Have had some exposure to HVAC or Architectural Design.
- This is a hourly position
- This person will need to obtain the NICET certification
- Required is a valid NY State Drivers License
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
- This position reports to the Construction Manager
[print_link]Register now to learn about jobs like this
327 Niagara Street
Buffalo, NY 14222
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit sqrft.net