As a mid-sized roads and site contractor, I know that I need a strong estimating department to help grow my business to the next level.
I’m looking to hire an Estimator/Manager experienced in pricing and producing projects in the civil and sitework arena.
The results that I’m looking for:
- Produce quality competitive estimates
- After the bid is won, efficiently complete all of the necessary paperwork and do a clean hand off to the Superintendent.
- Sell the job off properly
- Line up subs and materials
- Complete all submittals
- Calculate lead times
- Be the support staff for those who are producing the job.
- Make sure the field crews have what they need
- Make sure the office folks have what they need
- Manage the close out
- MBE, DBE, WBE—are the requirements met?
- Do we have everything we need to close and get paid?
- Rinse and Repeat!
My hiring approach
First, I would hire someone who has less experience but has proven that he has the aptitude to grow into this.
Second, if you’re already a rock star and you can drop right into our environment as turn key, then I will do whatever I can to make this an attractive move for you.
Register now to learn about jobs like this
327 Niagara Street
Buffalo, NY 14222
or email email@example.com
or visit sqrft.net