Entry Level Historic Restoration Job
Carpenter, painter, furniture maker wanted for this historic restoration contractor
We are not looking for experience as much as we are the right person to invest in and train.
- Learn how to paint and refinish windows, doors and custom moldings.
- Learn carpentry skills and how to disassemble and reassemble historical masterpieces the right way
- Learn about architecture and design. About what’s aesthetically pleasing, and what’s practical.
- Learn the science of an efficient house
- Learn much, much more from a Master Craftsman.
All of the above learning starts with wax on-wax off type of training (if you haven’t seen the movie then I highly recommend it). The ideal candidate for this job will be spending the greater part of the first year or so restoring windows, doors, and moldings. Removing glazing and the finish. Then installing new glass and glazing, paint, stain or polyurethane finish. If you have the right aptitude, you’ll then be asked to go install your works of art.
If you consider yourself crafty and appreciate the charm and character of old homes/buildings this could be a good fit.
This help wanted is for entry-level, however, I would certainly welcome a seasoned tradesman as well and I’ll pay whatever your experience is worth in the restoration world.
Offered is a paid lunch, vacation and paid holidays.
Location: Buffalo-Niagara RegionPay: $17-29/HOURType: Full Time JobJob No. 1175-10481Status: ClosedKeyword(s): Construction Trades, CarpentryDate Printed: Mar 22, 2023Register now to learn about jobs like this
327 Niagara Street
Buffalo, NY 14222
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit sqrft.net