We are hiring for an AutoCAD Drafting Technician to turn pencil sketches into CAD drawings that we can all work with.
Every job that ever happens, begins life as an idea. We make a sketch. We walk the job and better ideas emerge…on a notepad.
Sometimes it’s simply a formula. Here’s a space that needs to be lit. Draw it so the estimator can price it—so the owner can buy it—so the building department can approve it—so the guys know where to hang it.
We will also need you to assist with a host of other duties related to estimating and project managing.
The formal job description listed below:
- Gain an understanding of technical design requirements for relevant systems. Knowledge of standards, building codes, and related systems will be required.
- Read and interpret building construction documents such as drawings, specifications and other contract documents.
- Prepare shop drawings, specifications, equipment submittals, and computer calculations as needed for compliance with applicable codes, standards and contract documents
- Prepare material lists
- Assist in the survey of existing buildings for accurate, economical installation of systems
- Coordinate activities with project manager
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a two year drafting degree or four year of related degree
- Have at least one year of related experience that includes AutoCad and Construction
Register now to learn about jobs like this
327 Niagara Street
Buffalo, NY 14222
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit sqrft.net