I have two companies. One is a former remodeling company turned real estate holding company. The other is an employment agency for construction. I split my time between the two. I need an assistant to help me with the administration of both companies.
My job as the owner of a small business is to work both on the business and also in it. I am simply spread too thin. I need to delegate a whole bunch of random (mostly) administrative stuff, to you. For example, I might ask you to:
- enter resumes into our CRM,
- run over to an apartment and let a tenant in that was locked out of his house
- list an item for sale on Marketplace
- help out the Recruiting team by checking references
- help out posting job ads
- cross-train on everything we do so you can fill in as needed.
- pick up my kid from dance class
I manage by results, meaning that I will often ask you to deliver a certain result and then assume that you know how to do it unless you ask. I usually give some parameters and guidelines. Efficiency and details matter to me. Your ability to not be afraid to ask questions in the interest of getting it done will be important.
You should be very comfortable with computers, and be able to type faster than me.
A little life experience is helpful. Being able to empathize is critical. It’s far easier to empathize once you have experienced some stuff.
In it for you:
- Learn everything about running a business. Literally, nothing is out of bounds.
- Flexible schedule
- Vacation, holidays, and sick days
- Non-corporate, family, yet professional atmosphere
- The opportunity to quickly make much more money as your responsibilities increase
327 Niagara Street
Buffalo, NY 14222
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit sqrft.net