As an A-Team member you can work full-time as a Sqrft Tradesmen Employee, or use your membership to pad your resume making you more attractive for a specific full-time, permanent position.
Why join the A-Team?
- Think of it as a working interview.
- You get working almost immediately while we continue the search for the ideal job
- You get a chance to experiment with a variety of jobs
- Together, we’ll make sure you get positive references that you can add to your resume
- Project work done properly, can give you the experience necessary to earn the more highly sought after jobs.
- A-Team members rarely work less than 40 hours
- Eventually, we hope to offer a benefit package to full-time A-Team members—health insurance, vacation, etc.
The need for our A-Team
Contingent labor fills a critical need for many companies and construction projects.
- A self-performing general contractor employs 80 or 90 people doing 30-40 active jobs. On any given one of those jobs there could potentially be 20 or 30 different product vendors, subcontractors, and any number of employees that are critical to forward progress on any given day. That’s a lot of moving parts. Sometimes the machine is ahead. Sometimes they are behind. Having contingent labor can be an integral part of leveling the ups and downs, thereby keeping everything moving smoothly.
- A subcontractor has 50 full-time employees. He needs to keep them working 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year, so he bids new work every day. As a rule of thumb, he wins a certain percentage of those jobs. When you win a job the Notice to Proceed date often comes quickly—sometimes within just days. Well what happens if he wins too many jobs? The answer? Hire temporary labor to meet the demand.
- A service contractor such as HVAC is subject to the market demands of very hot or very cold weather. His customers just can’t wait. He needs workers quickly to meet the needs of his clients.
- A one, two, or three man remodeling company takes on a job that is bigger than them. When you’re a small company, which do you do first—hire more people or get more work. The answer is to get more work and use the A-Team to get it done.
- An out of town contractor brings his management team in to remodel a mall store. He needs to hire subs for his mechanical work, but usually needs temporary carpenters and general laborers as well. The A-Team can fill that need.
How Sqrft meets this need and what it means to you
Our objective is to always act in the best interest of all parties. Very few people ever wish to find themselves out of work, so the natural tendency for most tradesmen is to gravitate towards jobs that have a more secure future. Our strategy is to use this uncertainty and demand for contingent labor to work you into your next best and most ideal job.
Who can join the A-Team?
- Membership to the A-Team is by invitation only. Most often an invitation is extended to folks who would best represent Sqrft Tradesmen in the field.
- You should have at least three positive recommends, and certainly no negative.
- You may be asked to swear an oath to always answer your phone when you get the call.
327 Niagara Street
Buffalo, NY 14222
or email email@example.com
or visit sqrft.net