Employment Agencies—Do they all suck?
Some agencies will take the time and effort to get to know what’s important to you. Others simply take your resume from ziprecruiter and throw it at a bunch of companies hoping that something sticks—they give the industry a bad reputation!
Much like your favorite restaurant, agencies can be a 5-star steak house or a greasy fast food joint. Both have value to different people at different times.
If our agency were a restaurant, we’d be an old Irish Pub. We’re not pretentious and corporate, and not super-fast and efficient. But we know your name and serve a mean steak sandwich to go with your draft micro-beer.
- We recommend managers who share your values. Just because you have the skills that a company is looking for, does not mean you will enjoy working for their managers.
- Expectations on both sides of the table need to be considered. Just because a company is willing to pay you what you ask, does not mean their expectations are realistic.
- Some companies put money ahead of people. A company might have a pretty building and an impressive image, but that doesn’t guarantee that their values match yours.
- Every agency is very different. Take the time to ask hard questions before you commit to working with one.
- We Promise to do our best to “always do the right thing”
- We Promise that your application with Sqrft has a much greater chance of landing you the job you want, than if you applied to any single construction company on your own.
- We Promise not to waste your time