- Class Dates: Monday-Thursday 8:30am-noon
- Location: New Hope Education Center 175 Jefferson Avenue Buffalo NY 14210
- Course Length: 120 hours (10 weeks)
- Price: $795 (students are often eligible for tuition assistance)
- Start Date: Ongoing enrollment.
- Call for enrollment requirements and application information: 716-888-7088 x 111/110
- New Hope Training Facility
- Information Brochure
- OSHA-10 CONSTRUCTION SAFETY CERTIFICATION
- HVAC – Experiment with conduction, convection, and radiation. This section also covers identifying air conditioning components
- ELECTRICAL – Perform outlet, switch, light, and breaker installations
- PLUMBING – Perform installations for pipe, sink, waste, drain, and vent components
- DRYWALL – Install, tape, plaster a drywall application
- MASONRY – Construct brick and block masonry wall sections
- WALL FRAMING – Frame a wall with window and door cutouts
- PAINTING – Prime, paint, and stain a variety of casing, wall, and trim components
- CONCRETE – Prepare, form, reinforce, pour, and finish a concrete slab and curb
- FINISH CARPENTRY – Install windows, a pre-hung door, door casing, baseboard, and crown molding
- HAND & POWER TOOLS – Safe use of hand tools, power tools, and equipment
Building Skills Classes
THIS PROGRAM IS DESIGNED FOR:
- Job seekers who would like to work in the construction industry, but don’t know which area to specialize in.
- Maintenance workers who want to improve current skills and learn new ones.
SUCCESSFUL CONSTRUCTION CRAFTSMEN ARE PEOPLE WHO:
- Prefer detailed, hands-on work.
- Are observant problem solvers.
- Feel comfortable developing and implementing creative solutions.
YOUR WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT:
- Outdoors, exposed to the weather
- Performing general physical activities such as climbing, lifting, balancing, moving building materials, ect.
- Repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment
Construction workers earn an average of $20,000- $47,000+ a year. Most construction jobs also include benefits such as health coverage and retirement plans.
Other workforce employment training opportunities
BPS adult education division provides many other courses for individuals interested in construction oriented training:
- AutoCAD & Blueprint reading
- Hands-On Home Improvement
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- OSHA 30 – Construction
- OSHA 30 – General Industry
- Residential Electric – Employment training
- Residential Electric – Basic
- Welding – Recreational
- Welding – Employment Training
For a full listing of course schedules and descriptions please visit http://www.UpSkill.org
Call 888-7088 ext. 111/100 to speak directly with a vocational course representative