Cathy Cook unjustly fired my company because I insisted on a signature or a PO before I could do business with her employer, Club Assist. She doesn’t seem to care that there are real people attached to her actions.
- On Tuesday November 10, 2015 Cathy called my company and requested a helper for her driver here in Buffalo for the following Monday. I explained my process and paperwork. She said it would be no problem. She gave me her email and said that the rest of her information was on the website.
- I began the search for her helper and sent an email with my paperwork for her to sign.
- On the 11th, I sent the following email with a subject line of “please call me”:
Hi Cathy, I don’t have a phone number from you and I did not get an email reply. I have interviews set up on your behalf and want to make sure we are both on the same page. Can you call me please?
- On the 12th I sent another email with subject of “call me pleeeeeeaase”
Cathy, I have your guy for Monday, but cannot find a phone number that gets to you and you haven’t returned my email. Please call me.
- For the first time she returns my inquiry. Her email has a phone number in her signature block and one of my two forms..and it’s basically blank. No signature. I call her listed phone number and it goes to a fax machine….you know, the kind that serves as both a home phone and a fax. I cannot even leave a message.
- That evening I sent the following,
Hi Cathy, This is Dennis. He is very excited to do the job and I believe he is a really great candidate. I have not yet told him that he has the job because I’m kind of waiting for you to reassure me that we will have everything in order by the close of business tomorrow (Friday). I will need Jack’s phone number as well.
- Sunday night I received the following from Cathy Cook:
John, I have sent a few emails concerning the paperwork. Will someone be there on Monday? I need to know since if not, I will need to contact another agency. My numbers are below.
- To which I replied:
If you want to be like that with me I suppose its part of the job and I have to take it, but to take this away from Dennis at this point is not fair to Dennis. He is not just some random temp. He’s a man who responded specifically to your job post and wants it more than anything.
I have responded to every single one of your emails (and then some). I run a small family business. It’s me, my wife and three employees. I cannot afford to risk not getting paid (and on time), and so far I don’t have a single thing in writing that says that you will. My last email suggested that if you could not get me a signature then at least issue a valid Purchase Order. You did not respond.
- Her server kicked it back to me twice. Finally, on monday we exchanged emails and basically I agreed to start Dennis without the proper paperwork. Dennis had been working marvelously for 1 1/2 weeks when I called Cathy Cooks office to press for a signature or purchase order. The next day she fired Dennis in an email that claims that he was on his cell phone and not doing any work. Her claim is completely fabricated. I spoke with Dennis’ supervisor directly and he loves Dennis.
The bottom line:
Dennis was fired unjustifiably. If Cathy was a righteous person she would have been truthful with me.